Stuffed Pizza Sandwiches
I work outside the home, so time spent with my family is precious. I make these sandwiches often...they take just minutes to put together before popping into the oven.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 French sandwich rolls (6 inches)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cubed
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut 1 in. off the end of each roll; set ends aside. Hollow out the
- center of each roll, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard remove bread
- or save for another use.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine spaghetti sauce and sausage;
- heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Spoon about 3/4
- cup filling into each roll. Replace ends of rolls; wrap each tightly
- in foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 574 calories, 34 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,718 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.