To reduce some of the juice in these spicy appetizers, I drain the pepperoncinis for about 3 hours on paper towel before stuffing. This recipe makes a big batch, which is perfect for parties.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped salami
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) pepperoncini, drained
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and
- process until finely chopped.
- Cut off the stem end of each pepperoncini; remove seeds. Pipe or
- stuff pepperoncinis with cheese mixture. Dip exposed end into
- additional Parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.