Stuffed Pepper Soup
This is an excellent example of how convenience foods can be combined for a tasty entree. Ready in minutes when I get home from work, this soup becomes part of a balanced meal with a tossed salad, rolls or fruit. For variation, try chicken, turkey or even venison instead of ground beef. –Tracy Thompson, Cranesville, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen chopped green peppers, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomatoes, broth and
- prepared rice; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 238 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.