Think dirty martini with a twist—sauteed, not stirred. —Tria Olsen, Chandler, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic-stuffed olives, halved
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- Sprinkle fillets with oregano and salt. Place in a large nonstick
- skillet coated with cooking spray; top fillets with lemon.
- Arrange olives and shallot around fillets; add water and olive juice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.