Stuffed Ham Rolls
Need a break from turkey during the Thanksgiving holiday? These savory ham rolls are filled with stuffing and cheese, rolled in a tasty crumb coating and then cooked in a skillet.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 fully cooked ham slices (1/8 inch thick)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, boiling water and 2 teaspoons
- butter. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Top
- each ham slice with a cheese slice. Place 1/4 cup stuffing
- off-center over cheese. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another shallow bowl,
- add bread crumbs. Dip ham rolls in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In a large skillet, saute ham rolls in remaining butter for 4-5
- minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 472 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.