I ENTERTAIN at least once a month. After I served this at a dinner party for eight, I decided to reduce the recipe to serve two. It turned out just as delicious.
I cherish my recipes and don't often share them, but this one got so many requests I decided to send it in for Reminisce readers to enjoy.
-Jeannette Wojtowicz, Buffalo, New York
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 haddock, sole or cod fillet (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in crackers and enough water to hold mixture together.
- Cut a pocket into side of fillet; stuff with cracker mixture.
- Place in a greased baking dish. Combine soup and sour cream; spread
- over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.