Stuffed Grilled Zucchini
These zucchini boats taste great with the grilled chops on my favorite menu. I’ve served them with fish and with other grilled meats. I’ve also made them in the oven on occasion. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.
- shells. Brush with 2 teaspoons oil; set aside. Chop pulp.
- In a large skillet, saute pulp and onion in remaining oil. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, mint and salt.
- Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until zucchini
- is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 stuffed zucchini halves (prepared with part-skim mozzarella) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium,