Stuffed Celery Sticks
In Battle Creek, Iowa, Opal Schmidt mixes cream cheese and soy sauce into peanut butter to give her stuffed celery a rich, unique flavor. The filling is easy to blend together, and kids will have a ball squeezing it into the celery sticks before they start crunching away.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 celery ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, milk and soy
- sauce until smooth. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut
- a small hole in the corner of the bag; pipe mixture into celery
- pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 179 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.