Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
My husband and I both retired recently - me from the local bank and he from a paper mill. We've always loved to fish and we also enjoy skiing...so we like hearty meals. This is certainly that, and it's delicious!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 3 slices)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 4 slices Wright® Brand Bacon
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and mushrooms in butter
- until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper, basil
- and parsley. Add onion mixture and mix well.
- Make a lengthwise cut three-fourths of the way through the
- tenderloin. Lightly place stuffing in the pocket; close with
- toothpicks. Place bacon strips diagonally across the top, covering
- the picks and pocket.
- Place meat, bacon side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat