Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
“These creamy, quick bites are really yummy and couldn’t be much easier to make. I prepare them ahead of time to take to a party, then bake them and serve with cocktail forks.” —Sandi Vanthoff, Henderson, Nevada
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut a thin slice from bottoms of artichokes to level if necessary.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic, chives and
- oregano. Spoon into artichokes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake
- at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 84 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.