Strawberry Yogurt Shakes
Toasted wheat germ adds good-for-you flavor to her fruity shakes. Honey sweetens this beverage while yogurt gives it a bit of tanginess.Laurel Adams, Dryden, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- In two batches, process all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 187 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.