Strawberry Tea Cookies
Using our make-ahead dough, Carolyn Klingensmith's four-ingredient cookies are easy, breezy delights. “They're so simple, but have that 'slaved over' look and taste,” she writes from Livonia, Michigan.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to
- soften. In a small bowl, combine dough and almonds. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut
- with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Cut out the centers of
- half of the cookies with a 1-in. round cookie cutter (discard
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread each whole cookie with 1 teaspoon of jam; top with remaining
- cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 sandwich