Strawberry Sundae Cups
“This recipe, given to me years ago, has become a favorite,” writes Sandra Natera from Tucson, Arizona. “It’s so fast and easy but looks you really fussed and makes one Valentine’s Day dessert that simply melts in your mouth!”
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 scoops strawberry ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a microwave, melt three ounces of chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Brush chocolate evenly on the inside of two foil muffin cup liners.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until set. Repeat brushing and freezing
- steps two more times.
- Melt remaining chocolate; transfer to a small resealable plastic bag.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe two heart shapes onto
- waxed paper. Freeze until set.
- Just before serving, carefully peel liners off of chocolate cups and
- discard. Fill with ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and
- chocolate hearts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.