Strawberry Summer Salad
My daughter wanted me to submit this family-favorite salad. We love it served with steak and baked potatoes. It’s perfect for warm summer days.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, celery and
- onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper
- and pepper sauce. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 135 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.