Strawberry Spinach Salad
Although perfect for summer, this refreshing salad is a favorite year-round for our family and friends. Poppy seeds and pecans add a pleasing crunch to the mix.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender, combine the vinaigrette, sugar, salt and mustard. Cover
- and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or
- bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Just before serving, toss the spinach, strawberries and pecans in a
- large salad bowl. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 294 calories, 25 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.