Strawberry Spinach Salad
"Years ago, my husband and I went to a dinner catered by a high school cooking class, and they served this colorful salad," says Donna Moorman of Stirling, Ontaion. "I begged for the recipe and have been making it ever since."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- On salad plates, arrange the spinach, strawberries, oranges and
- onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining
- ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 203 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.