From Massena, New York, Lucia Johnson shares this refreshing chilled soup that's a lovely addition to a special brunch or luncheon. With its fruity flavor and thick frothy texture, you could even serve it as a punch!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into two bowls; cover and refrigerate until thoroughly
- chilled, about 1-2 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 281 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.