Strawberry Sorbet Sensation
When the "dog days" of summer dog you, why not make this refreshing frozen dessert from Kendra Doss of Smithville, Missouri? It's not only "showy," but simple to make with just five ingredients. And at only 153 calories per serving, it's guilt-free, too.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet, softened
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil. Spoon sorbet
- into pan; freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping
- for garnish; refrigerate until serving. Fold remaining whipped
- topping into pudding; spoon over sorbet. Cover and freeze for 4
- hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving; unmold onto a
- serving plate and remove foil. Serve with strawberries and reserved
- whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 153 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.