Strawberry Shortbread Pie
Sherry Maurer of Manheim, Pennsylvania says, “My husband enjoys this pie so much that I always make an extra one just for him! To save time, use a purchased shortbread crust.”
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 shortbread crust (9 inches)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin powder until
- Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until partially set. Place
- strawberries in the crust; pour gelatin mixture over berries. Cover
- and refrigerate until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 248 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.