This deliciously different salsa is versatile, fresh-tasting and colorful. People are surprised to see a salsa made with strawberries, but it's excellent over grilled chicken and pork and as a dip with corn chips.
-Jean Giroux, Belchertown, Massachusetts
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, tomatoes, onion and
- jalapenos. Stir in the lime juice, oil and garlic. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with cooked poultry or pork or as a dip for tortilla chips.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 38 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.