Sweet and savory flavors combine in this summertime salsa. I like to serve it with tortilla chips as an appetizer as well as with grilled chicken or pork.Amy Hinkle, Topeka, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, strawberries, onions and
- cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and salt; gently
- stir into tomato mixture. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla
- chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 41 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.