- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie
- plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sugar, flour and cinnamon; stir in
- rhubarb and strawberries. Transfer to prepared crust. Bake at
- 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Place pie on
- a wire rack; keep warm. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and extract on medium speed until
- soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff peaks form. Spread over hot filling, sealing edges
- to crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1
- hour; refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 255 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.