I consider this sweet flavorful jam summer in a jar! The fruity concoction is simply scrumptious spread on toast, English muffins and more.
Peggy Fleming, East Troy, Wisconsin
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 5 min.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice;
- stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and
- adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Yield: about 6 pints.
Editor's Note: When I start a canning recipe the very first thing I do is fill the canner with water and start heating the water. It takes quite a while for that large amount of water to come to a boil.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.