Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
This quick compote will be a hit for your family. I love to add it to ice cream.Fay Bellgardt, Montrose, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rhubarb and sugar.
- Cook 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in strawberries and ginger. Serve warm or
- cold. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 52 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.