- minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat
- buttermilk, eggs and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Carefully spread filling on top. Drop remaining batter by
- tablespoonfuls over filling.
- For topping, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from
- heat; stir in flour and sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over batter. Lay foil on lower rack to catch any juice
- fruit spillovers.
- Place coffee cake on middle rack; bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut in squares. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 328 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.