Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
I love the sweet-salty flavor of this pretty layered dessert. Sliced strawberries and gelatin top a smooth cream cheese filling and crispy pretzel crust. I think it's best when eaten within a day of being made.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom
- of two 10-oz. greased custard cups. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes
- or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in
- whipped topping. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cover
- and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in
- strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 3 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 516 calories, 27 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.