- remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not
- knead. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- For filling, combine sugar and tapioca in a small saucepan; add
- strawberries. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Punch down dough; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll
- each portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 2-in. squares. Spoon
- about 1/2 teaspoon of filling into the center of each square. Bring
- two opposite corners together over center of filling; pinch to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rest for
- 15 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks. Brush with melted butter; cool. For icing, in a small
- bowl, cream shortening and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually
- beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve
- desired consistency. Drizzle over pastries. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.