Strawberry Orange Soup
Chill out with this fun, fruity soup from Sherri Cyr of Canton, Maine. Its smooth, glossy texture and sweet-tart taste are sure to please.
3 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Whipped topping and orange peel strips, optional
- In a blender, combine orange juice and strawberries; cover and
- process until blended. Press mixture through a fine meshed sieve;
- discard seeds.
- In a large saucepan; combine cornstarch and grape juice until smooth.
- Stir in strawberry puree and jam. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add
- honey. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with
- whipped topping and orange peel if desired. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 157 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.