Strawberry Onion Salad
"The color and sweetness fresh berries add to this lovely salad make it perfect for company," says Ruth Benning. When strawberries are out of season, this Hamburg, New York cook suggests using fresh orange sections instead.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, strawberries and onion.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl or jar with
- tight-fitting lid; mix well. Pour over salad and toss lightly. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 204 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.