Strawberry-Nut Pinwheel Cookies
"All the 'cookie monsters' I know love these treats," explains Ruth Gillmore from Alden, New York. "I enjoy the cookies because they're easy to roll up, cut and bake. The strawberry-walnut filling is very tasty!"
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 10-in.
- rectangle. Spread jam to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle nuts over
- jam. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in
- plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 78 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium,