- Gently stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into a bowl; cover surface
- with plastic wrap. Refrigerate, without stirring, until chilled.
- For topping, beat cream in a chilled large bowl until it begins to
- thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Place one pastry square on a serving platter. Top with the custard,
- strawberries, sweetened whipped cream and second pastry. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 475 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.