To cut calories from a strawberry pie recipe, I lightened up the filling and served it in dessert dishes instead of a pie crust. With its pretty color and fruity flavor, it's and elegant dessert without much fuss.
Waydella Hart of Parsons, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a food processor, combine strawberries and sugar; cover and
- process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds. Return strawberry
- mixture to the food processor. Add pudding mix; cover and process
- until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into dessert
- dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 145 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.