Strawberry Mango Sorbet
“This is fresh, really simple and will keep in a freezer container…if you don’t eat it all the first day.” Sandra Vachon - Saint-Constant, Quebec
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, cover and process mangoes and strawberries until
- pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar syrup and lime
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and freeze for 45 minutes or
- until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2
- hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.