- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in
- half. Gently pat or roll each half into a 3/4-in.-thick circle.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and lemon peel; set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, split shortcakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert
- plates; spread with lemon butter, then top each with a fourth of the
- strawberries and whipped cream. Cover with shortcake top and
- remaining berries and cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 699 calories, 36 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 208 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.