- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough
- into 4 pieces. Gently pat or roll each portion into a 3/4-in.-thick
- circle. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and lemon peel; set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, split shortcakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert
- plates; spread with lemon butter. Top with half of the strawberries
- and whipped cream. Replace shortcake tops; top with remaining
- berries and cream.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.