Strawberry Jelly Roll
This pretty jelly roll makes a wonderful dessert for summer or any time of year. It gets a head start with a convenient angel food cake mix.Jeanette Fuehring, Concordia, Missouri
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Mix cake according to package directions. Spread batter into a
- greased and waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners; sugar. Gently
- peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style,
- starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine strawberries and sugar; set aside. To serve, drain
- strawberries. Unroll cake; spread with half of the topping. Cover
- with the berries. Roll up again. Place on a serving plate, seam side
- down. Spread with remaining topping. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- before serving.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 244 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,