Strawberry Freezer Jam
Strawberry season is in early June here in Indiana. A dear friend gave this recipe to me when we lived in Germany. It is good on ice cream, too!
72 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + freezing
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Wash and mash the berries, measuring out enough mashed berries to
- make 4 cups; place in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup
- and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberry mixture and water. Stir in
- pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring
- constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the
- heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24
- hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months.
- Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 81 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.