This recipe yields a large volume, so it's great to take to a potluck or family gathering. The cool, creamy pudding pairs well with the angel food cake and strawberries.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cubed
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 cups sugar-free low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed and sliced
- Place cake in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, whisk the pudding mix
- and milk 1-1/2 minutes. Add ice cream; whisk for 1 minute. Pour over
- cake; chill.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water and strawberries;
- mix until partially set. Spoon over pudding layer. Cover and chill
- overnight. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 62 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.