During the dog days of summer, my family looks for a cold, thirst-quenching drink. I like this ons because it's sparkling, refreshing and fast and easy to make.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Crushed ice
- Whole strawberries, optional
- In a blender, process the water, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and
- peel in batches until smooth. Strain the berry seeds if desired.
- Pour into a pitcher; stir in the ginger ale. Serve in chilled
- glasses over ice. Garnish with whole berries if desired. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 116 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.