Strawberry Chicken Salad
I like to serve this colorful salad with warm rolls for lunch or a light dinner. The combination of flavors is fantastic.Mirien Church, Aurora, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine chicken and celery. In a small bowl, combine
- mayonnaise, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper; pour over chicken
- and toss. Refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in strawberries and
- almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 321 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.