Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
"This creamy concoction is so refreshing on a hot day and also really easy to assemble," comments Janis Plourde from Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario. With its appealing look, company will never know how simple it is.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, almonds and sugar. Pour
- into crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually add 1/2
- cup of milk. Add dry pudding mix and remaining milk. Beat for 1
- minute or until blended; pour over strawberries. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with a reduced-fat graham cracker crust, fat-free cream cheese, fat-free milk and sugar-free pudding mix) equals 189 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a