Strawberry Cheese Bundles
When I first served these turnovers, folks thought I bought them from a bakery. Everyone was surprised to hear they start with refrigerated crescent rolls and pie filling. Jolene Spray, Van Wert, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup strawberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until
- smooth. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture in the center of
- each triangle. Top with 1 teaspoon of pie filling and 1 teaspoon of
- With one long side of pastry facing you, fold right and left corners
- over filling to top corner, forming a square. Seal edges. Place on
- an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Brush with spreadable fruit. Serve warm or
- cold. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.