“Can't remember where I got this recipe, but it tripped my trigger when I read it," recalls Bob Knobel of Granger, Indiana. "This also makes a great party appetizer or pretty dessert.” Serve on toasted bagels if you don't want to turn on the oven.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 24 slices
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly, warmed
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and honey until smooth; spread
- over one side of each slice of bread. Top with strawberries; brush
- with jelly. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 74 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.