Strawberry Breakfast Shortcakes
Being short on time is no excuse for an unhealthy breakfast. Protein, fruit, dairy and whole grains come together in a flash for a delicious start to the day. —Paula Wharton, El Paso, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 frozen low-fat multigrain waffles
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Prepare waffles according to package directions. Divide among two
- serving plates. Top with strawberries and yogurt. Serve with syrup.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: If Greek yogurt is not available in your area, line a strainer with a coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place 1 cup plain yogurt in prepared strainer; refrigerate overnight. Discard liquid from bowl; proceed as directed.
Nutrition Facts: 2 waffles with 1/2 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup yogurt (calculated without syrup) equals 230 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.