Strawberry Banana Squares
When Lucille Mead of Ilion, New York combined the flavors of strawberry, banana and coconut, she really created a winner. This dessert really does have it all, and your kids will notice!
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) strawberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the bread mix, walnuts, butter and egg until
- crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or
- until lightly browned.
- Spread milk over crust; spoon pie filling over milk. Sprinkle with
- coconut. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 196 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.