Strawberry Banana Smoothies
If you're a fan of berries and bananas, you'll enjoy this frothy delicious refresher. "It's great to serve at breakfast or brunch," says Linda Hendrix from Moundville, Missouri. "My 4-1/2-year-old son comes running when he hears the blender going."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4
Editor's Note: This recipe may easily be doubled and prepared in two batches in a blender.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 135 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.