Strawberry Banana Delight
In North Platte, Nebraska, Mary Blackledge relies on a classic pairing of flavors for her whipped gelatin. "It's an attractive low-sugar recipe my diet-restricted husband and I enjoy," she says.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 4 fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool for 10
- minutes. Add enough water to ice cubes to measure 1 cup. In a
- blender, combine gelatin and ice mixture; cover and process for 1
- minute or until ice cubes are dissolved. Add bananas; process 1-2
- minutes longer or until blended.
- Pour into four dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or
- until set. Garnish each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a
- strawberry. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 78 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.