Strawberry Angel Dessert
This is a wonderful dessert for spring and summer, when fresh strawberries are readily available. Every time I make this pretty dessert, someone asks for the recipe.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and
- gelatin. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over
- medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1-2
- minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool
- completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until
- blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 4-qt. clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, glaze and
- cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and
- arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or
- overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.