Strawberries with Crisp Wontons
Five-spice powder and crisp sugar-dusted wontons lend an Asian flair to this refreshing dessert from our Test Kitchen staff. The sweet juicy berries paired with a spicy topping bring an elegant ending to any summer meal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Brush both sides of wonton wrappers with melted butter. Place 2
- tablespoon sugar in a shallow dish; press wontons into sugar to coat
- both sides. Cut each wonton in half diagonally.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425°
- for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and bake 2 minutes
- longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Toss strawberries with remaining sugar. Combine the whipped topping
- and five-spice powder. Divide the strawberries among four plates.
- Top each with whipped topping and two wonton pieces. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,