Strawberries with Chocolate Cream Filling
Just a sweet little something to top off any meal at all and make it special — from breakfast to dinner! These party-pretty bites are as easy to make as they are delicious. Try them as a refreshing fruit appetizer, too.
Lisa Huff – Clive, IA
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 18 large fresh strawberries, halved
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate. In a microwave, melt remaining
- chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Beat in
- melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping and 1 tablespoon reserved
- chocolate. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag;
- insert #21 star pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream cheese mixture.
- Place strawberries cut side up on a serving platter. Pipe cream
- cheese mixture onto strawberries. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 strawberry halves equals 81 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.